Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finally, some serious planting to get done



So as you can see we have been very busy bees trying to get everything planted. I still have one more box to plant and everything will be snuggled comfortably in their summer home. So far I have planted, ready!
6-Roma
3-Big Beef
2- super sweet tom
numerous Blue lake beans
lettuce
carrots
beets
radish
pumpkins
watermelons
Acorn Squash
Spaghetti squash
Zukes
Cukes ( bush & straight 8s)
butternut squash
Still have the broccoli, peppers (2 types), early girl toms, to go
Also tons of annuals and perennials
Tammy finished the trellis for around the tree, I love it, hopefully the morning glories will love it too.
So I should be done planting by next summer LOL, no should finish by next week and then the fun begins. Doing the Ws, weeding and watering. We have set up a drip irrigation in the 4 big raised beds but the small raised bed and all the buckets will need watering. So with all this digging and playing in the dirt I finally had to get the ole nail scrubber out to get the dirt out. Can't go to work with dirty nails, although my knees will never be white again LOL. OK, I shoudl get back to it. I'll write again soon hopefully everything will be growing. Take care and good night.

























No comments:

Post a Comment