Tuesday, March 9, 2010

getting ahead of myself

Well as usual I have planted way to many seedlings and have run out of room. Tam has a bet going that I will need to buy another rack. The seedlings are coming up great. I think I planted the Sweet Peas way to early because they are already growing little tendrils and about 3 sets of leaves. I've pinched them off once may need to do it again. I have potted up the sweet peas and the 4 o'clocks. On 3/7 I started most of my veggies & herbs. I know it is early this year but I think I will be able to get things in the ground a little early plus I'm on vacation for about 10 days and wont be around. Our niece is staying at the house, she is going to watch over things and water the seedlings. She hasn't seen it yet she may regret saying yes. I told Tam that next year we can't go on vacation during prime seed starting time. She just rolls her eyes and walks away. I have started the following now. Only have a little more to do. Trying to plant small amounts of each in successive plantings


BRUSSEL SPROUTS

CUKE- STRAIGHT 8

CUKE-BUSH CHAMPION

SUPER SWEET TOM

EARLY GIRL TOM

Italian beefsteak- Tom

Rio Grande- Tom

San Marzano- Tom

Pepper early crisp hybrid

pepper- Marconi Red

Sweet banana pepper

Candy Onions

BROCCOLI - calabrese

Iceberg Lettuce (head)

Buttercrunch Lettuce (head)

Long Purple eggplant

basil-sweet

Basil-lettuce leaf

basil- dark opal

Basil Plenty

chives-common

cilantro-Jantar

oregeno-greek

rosemary

sage

Thyme

tarragon

parsley-plain

Marjaoram

first ladies snapdragons

Dwarf Magic Carpet Snapdragon

Iceland Poppy

Brocade MARIGOLDS

Cracker Jack mix marigolds

Tutti Frutti Mix LUPINE

geraniums - colorama

Geraniums - mixed

Chinese Latern

cactus mix zinnia

california Giants- zinnia

Marvel of Peru Four O'clocks

Celosia-forest fire

swiss Giants Pansy

Purple Coneflower Echinacea

Dwarf Special Impatiens

Coleus rainbow

Early Charm Aster

Beauty Mix Phlox

Royal Family-sweet Pea

Orange Butterfly Flower

Blue Bedder salvia

St. John's Fire Salvia

Pacific beauty Calendula

Purple Majesty Millet

Florist Mix- Verbena

1 comment: